So… I decided to make the Birthday Party Dress by Oliver + S.
I had a 1 metre length of this pretty green cotton, and it was just enough to make the 3T size! Next time I am going to remember to read the fabric requirements first before purchasing any fabrics for patterns.
Making a dress from a commercial pattern is relatively new to me. I had to re-read the instructions a lot – mainly because I didn’t know a lot of proper sewing terms. It was also the first time I’ve ever attempted box pleats, but I am very pleased with the end result. I have to admit that the instructions are really good and the measurements very precise. And blind stitching by hand is really relaxing – especially while watching Project Runway!
Miss S loved the dress too. Her only comment was, “It doesn’t poof when I twirl, Mummy”. I’d make this dress again seeing that the Oliver + S blog has a post on how to lengthen a pattern (the pattern I have is 6m-3T).
Check out my related posts: