So… Miss S decided that she can’t eat blueberry pancakes almost every weekend and not have a set of felt ones to play with. So, I sewed some up yesterday afternoon.
Blueberry Pancakes in a pan
Here’s how I made them
I used the rice bowl the trace the pancakes, and the coin for the berries
What you need to make 6 pancakes & 18 blueberries
- Trace and cut 6 cream and 6 light brown felt circles (rice bowl size) and 18 blue ones (coin size).
- You need some embroidery yarn, sewing thread and a needle too.
Make the Pancakes
Take 1 each of the cream and light brown felt circles
Sew around the edge, leaving a 1.5cm gap
Flip inside out. Stuff VERY sparingly.
Finish with a blanket stitch or running stitch
- I opted to finish the others off on the sewing machine as it was much faster .
- The blanket stitching does add some dimension though.
Make the Blueberries
Stitch an X with the white embroidery thread. Sew a running stitch around the edge.
Pull the blue thread to gather the edges together.
Stuff the little hollow with some stuffing. Pull the thread tight and stitch the opening closed.
Here's a shortcut I used.
Finished pancakes and berries
This was fun. I think I might try peas and pea pods next seeing that I’ve already got the green felt out.
Check out my related posts:
- Felt Food – Part Two
- Felt Dumplings
- Felt Food – Part One
- How to make a boring top not boring